UCU Anti-Casualisation Day of Action 6th March
**Did you know 60% of staff in FE & Skills are casualised?**
UCU have planned a national Anti-Casualisation Day of Action for Wednesday 6th March 2013. The aims of the campaign and the focus of the day of action are:
- to campaign in support of negotiating improvements to move members onto more secure contracts.
- to recruit staff on casualised/insecure contracts because they represent a growing number of staff in further education and skills sector
- to encourage more members to be involved in their union – it is your union
The campaign aims to strengthen your branches/local association to enable them to negotiate improvements for staff on casual/insecure contracts.
Here are ways you can get involved:
- distribute UCU recruitment materials
- help out at one of the stalls that will be around during the week
- putting up posters and recruiting colleagues.
- become a rep!
- follow the Anti-Casualisation campaign account on @UCUAnti_Cas – particularly to find out what others are doing on the day and tweet us your experiences
The Day of Action is part of UCU’s Stamp Out Casual Contracts campaign. Did you know about this? More information can be found at: http://www.ucu.org.uk/index.cfm?articleid=3532
A training/organising conference will be held on Saturday 4 May 2013 to look at how we
strengthen our ability to secure improvements for members on casualised contracts. Members on casualised contracts themselves, newer members and those that have not previously been active are particularly welcome to attend.